A few years ago I took Pragmatic Marketing’s Product Management course.
I took this while working on the Product Development team at Central1 building banking and other Fintech applications.
It was a great course that taught the The Pragmatic Marketing Framework (see image below). It provided a standard language for the entire product team and a blueprint of the key activities needed to bring profitable, problem-oriented products to market. This framework was used as a guide to build all kinds of banking, payments and insurance products to market for Credit Unions in Canada.
Each of these boxes below is an activity with objectives and tools to help you meet those objectives. You can use them all or only a few depending on your needs. The tools and templates you get on this course are worth the price alone.
I would recommend the course to anyone interested in learning about some great tools and techniques for helping you focus, build, launch and market your products.
For a quick simple overview of what product management is, the team at Brainmates has put together a simple slide deck and i’ve embeded it below for you.
- Pragmatic Marketing (thecornercubicle.com)
- 10 product marketing blogs you need to read (channelinstincts.com)
- Startups Lessons: Product First (jeffnolan.com)
- Thinking Innovation? Don’t Burden Your Product Manager (nextbigwhat.com)
- Ladder to Product Management (productmantra.net)
- Product Manager Job Description: What Do Product Managers Do? (udemy.com)
- Product Management Fortune Cookie: He who fixates on the features loses sight of business’ goals, self, and fortune. (tpgblog.com)
- Who is the messenger of the market? (want2articulate.wordpress.com)
Last modified: December 31, 2017