There’s a big difference between being a leader and being a boss. I’ve had my share of “bosses” and I’ve also had the pleasure of working with some amazing leaders. When I feel i’m working for a boss, I usually quit very soon after realizing it cause life is too short to work for people that just don’t get it.
Unfortunately there are still some executives in business today who manage their teams with the Command and Control method of motivating teams. It may work when sending 18 year old’s to war but it really has no place in today’s businesses.
- Why bosses should climb off their pedestals (smartbrief.com)
- What to do when your boss is disengaged – taking lessons for Newt Gingrich (snagajob.com)
- imabonehead: Sometimes, the boss really is a psycho – Yahoo! Finance (finance.yahoo.com)
- Dealing with manipulators and backstabbers at work (flyingbubbles.wordpress.com)
- Tomorrow’s boss does more listening, less talking (theglobeandmail.com)
- 11 Habits Of Amazing Bosses (businessinsider.com)
- How To Be A Good Boss (lifehack.org)
Last modified: September 9, 2013